Portugal - Tag 3

reports, pictures,....

Moderatoren: Vipersgarden, Herpetofauna.at-Team

Fühlt sich wie zu Hause

Portugal - Tag 3

Beitragvon Gast » Mo Jul 04, 2005 7:53

Dear all,
Some small comments on day 3 of the Portugal report:
- the dragonfly is not Ophiogomphus cecilia but most likely "just" Gomphus pulchellus;
- as far as I know, the name "leprosa" refers to the aspect of the dorsal horn scales, once they become flaky and start to come off due to the growth of some kind of algae.
- Please note that I was unable to access the gallery of day 3 through FotoGalerie but I guess you would have found out about that yourselves in due time.
I like the report very much so far! I'm betting the Monchique-visit will deliver Discoglossus and Lacerta schreiberi ... ;)
g's,
Jeroen.

Admin

Re: Portugal - Tag 3

Beitragvon Christoph » Mo Jul 04, 2005 8:55

Thanks for the bug hints. There are some days left to have one which is linked proper.
:rolleyes:
Beste Grüße

Christoph

Kennt sich schon aus

Beitragvon Jeroen » Di Aug 02, 2005 15:12

Dear Portugal travellers,
I noticed you named the Podarcis animals type II. Are you sure it's not Podarcis vaucheri ???

Beitragvon Srutl » Di Aug 02, 2005 18:14

As far as I know: P. vaucheri was originally described from Northern Africa - genetic researches found some differences between the African and the Southern Iberian animals and for the moment there is no name for the Southern Iberian clade (II) which differs from clade I (nominate form) Podarcis voucheri is living in Marocco...

Thomas
======================

Srutl

Kennt sich schon aus

Beitragvon Jeroen » Mi Aug 03, 2005 8:23

? ? ?
It's true that vaucheri description comes from African soil but like I understood it, the African ones are conspecific with the ones from extreme southern Iberian peninsula. Type II refers to the one that will soon be called Podarcis virescens and is found just north of vaucheri. Maybe we are just talking about different type II's but nevertheless I think you should call them vaucheri, so http://www.herp.it/SpeciesPages/PodarVauch.htm is correct. Or did I miss something?

Zurück zu International herping